When I started this blog in 2015 I was looking for an outlet for the emotional pain I was experiencing at the time. I used to write in a diary as a child to cope with the abuse I was experiencing. After a very tough few months recovering from the realisation that my parents are both narcissistic and very harmful, I decided that it was important for me to also make others aware of my experience.
A few important points:
- I write this blog as a survivor of abuse and from the point of view of someone living with complex ptsd.
- I am not a qualified mental health professional but hope to gain a qualification in the future as a life coach and hopefully art therapist.
- I believe in mutual respect and have an understanding of the differences in peoples’ recovery from abuse & trauma. Everyones’ journey is unique!
- I believe in reducing the stigma associated to mental illness.
- I write sometimes to vent, sometimes to educate and sometimes because I want to relax.
- I will at times recommend different blogs, mental health professionals & useful websites that helped me and might also help you!