I would like to express my deepest thanks to Hubby1979 and Bittersweet1976 & their blog https://dialogueftdepths.wordpress.com/ , for nominating me for The Blogger Recognition Award. They are a wonderful married couple who write about their struggles with depression. The blog is in the style of writing letters to each other about their feelings, which is a lovely, unique way of sharing their journey with the blogging world.
I’d also like to thank them for reblogging my post ‘Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome’, especially because this is something so many people have experienced and it’s very important to raise awareness.
Here are the guidelines for the award:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Attach the award badge to the post (right click and save, then upload.)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night.
HOW MY BLOG STARTED
I initially had started a blog under the same name on tumblr.com http://mychildwithin-blog.tumblr.com/post/109020697308/what-is-our-child-within. I had a huge falling out with my narcissistic mother, after years of keeping my mouth shut and holding my feelings in. I spent the whole Christmas & New Year in 2014 coming to terms with my new found knowledge of narcissistic abuse & grieving the mother I never had. Starting a blog in January 2015 was a way for me to cope with the realisation that I never had a healthy mother (& father).
My blog here on wordpress was created in June 2015 after a very difficult time following my father’s suicide attempt. I spent 2 weeks of utter hell in and out of hospital in ICU and then getting him admitted to a psychiatric hospital for the 2nd week. My father is a narcissist and a very controlling and self destructive person. He had been severely depressed for 2 years and hadn’t wanted to see a regular therapist. He is also married to a narcissist who is half his age and a gold-digger. The toxic environment he lived in & the lack of support from his wife, lead to his eventual suicide attempt.
Blogging has become a very important part of my life as it is very healing for me and also provides knowledge & and support to many other bloggers with a similar background.
I also want to reduce the stigma of mental illness, share my knowledge & experience of narcissistic abuse and the subsequent recovery of complex trauma.
ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS
I would say:
1. Write from the heart and always respect other peoples’ writing and journey.
2. Be friendly, say Hi to your fellow bloggers and re-blog posts that you find very interesting or helpful.
3. Pay any kindness forward!
Lastly, I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
- Val Incognito
- A glimpse inside of a troubled mind