I was nominated for a Liebster award by the wonderful Antanika
I am so very grateful for this nomination. She writes a heartwarming,courageous blog about her journey after sexual childhood abuse and how she has wonderfully managed to find a stable, loving family in her husband and kids. I think she is very brave in sharing her story and at the same time ‘trying to heal from her past’. She is also a very talented writer and has a way with words. 🙂
What is The Leibster award? Like a chain letter, but less annoying, like an award, but not an award. It’s a way of being recognised by other bloggers like a promotion, but not. Spreading the word of blog. You do NOT have to do it by any means, or do, but i think it’s a pretty good thing to do, since i actually now follow some blogs I read as a result of being tagged in this…
You need to acknowledge the blog who nominated you by adding a link to their page and displaying the award, answer 11 Questions as asked by a Liebster awarder, then Give 11 facts about yourself, then also supply 11 questions to your nominated Liebster Award Receivers.
So let me begin by answering the questions I was sent by the lovely Antanika
1. When you write do you write from the head? Or the heart?
I would think that I mostly write from the heart when I am suffering emotionally. I think I am better able to offload onto my blog page and in more detail when it is from the heart. Logically though, its a combination of the two.
2. Do you force yourself to write when you don’t feel like it?
Sometimes I do force myself yes. It’s the same with art or poetry though. If I am feeling down, writing or doing something creative helps me distance myself a little from my pain. I always kept a journal from the age of 14 up until I was 21. I started doing this when I felt down as a teenager and didn’t know why. It was every single day. I sometimes forced myself to write, even if just two words! Its always better when out of my head!
3. If you could/did write a bestselling book what would it be about?
I guess the only thing I could write enough about, would be about narcissistic abuse and the journey of recovery I’ve been on since the age of 16.
4. When you write descriptively do you see it in your mind, what is your process?
When I am describing a situation I usually use my memories, along with my feeling at the time. If I am happier, it will most likely have a happier feel to it. If I am sad or angry, then you will notice that.
5. What colour would you be if you were to be one?
I would be turquoise
6. What is your dream?
I would like to be an art therapist and if that doesn’t work out, I would love to be a dog or cat breeder. Animals make me very happy and I would love to be able to make a living from this.
7. What do you love the most about writing?
I find it is very cathartic writing about personal struggles, hopes, dreams and most of all being able to help others that are on similar journeys to myself.
8. When you go to a public toilet, do you choose the first, last or middle stall?
Hmm I really don’t have a preference. If it is busy, I just choose the one that is available. If it isn’t, I choose the cleanest 🙂
9. Have you ever stopped to smell the roses?
I am doing this more and more recently. Stopping to appreciate the little things in life, on a day I feel overwhelmed. Appreciating my husband and the love I have finally found with someone. The home he has helped create to make me feel safe and loved. I think everyone should take a break from their busy lives and just breathe!
10. What 3 words best describes how you feel right now, answering my questions?
Grateful, open & accepted
11. What advice would you offer yourself if you weren’t you?
Don’t be so hard on yourself!
After this, I would like to give you 11 random facts about me.
1. If I drink 1 large glass of red wine, the freudian slips start and I usually spill red wine all over the table! Ha!
2. I have a very weak stomach, and still get motion sickness in the back of cars, sometimes boats or planes with turbulence.
3. I talk too much when i’m nervous and blush really easily.
4. I love cats. I always adopted stray cats when growing up in Greece and looked after them. Have probably had over 50 over the years
5. I get an itchy nose when I eat sometimes which can be a little embarrassing. I can laugh at myself however, so its ok.
6. I can’t eat Indian or Spicy food at all!! I get very sick from all the spices.
7. I used to smoke very heavily from the age of 15 for 7 years. I quit smoking the year I finished Uni and nobody could believe it! I’ve now been smoke free for 11 years 🙂
8. My friends have been a better support than my family.
9. I still don’t have a car license. I passed my theory test in Greece but couldn’t do the driving anymore due to anxiety.
10. My favorite food is macaroni cheese.
11. I would love to afford a professional massage once a week.
For the Liebster award, I nominate the following people:
I am not sure if they have more than 200 followers, but if they do then I’m sorry.I just think they deserve this award!
I would like them to answer the following 11 questions, write 11 random facts about themselves and then nominate a minimum of 5 other people (up to 11) and give them a new set of questions to answer.
After that, please notify them with a comment on their page that they have been awarded the Liebster award, with a link back to your page. Don’t forget to add the image of the liebster award, as seen above.
Thank you so much 🙂
Questions I would like you to answer:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. Did you always enjoy writing or is this something new for you?
3. What time of day do you prefer to blog?
4.Do you wish you had more time to spend on your blogging?
5. Are you happy with your blogging experience so far or is there something you wish was better?
6. How would you deal with bullies/trolls on your blog?
7. Do you enjoy blogging in bed, at a desk/table or on the sofa?
8. If you have a partner, how does he/she feel about your blogging? (If not a partner, then family or friends)
9. What is your most blogged about ‘mood’?. Angry, sad, open, honest, inspiring, helpful ? etc
10. Do you have a pet and does it cuddle up with you when you are writing? If not, would you like one?
11. What subjects would you like people to blog about more?